- 1/3 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- parchment paper
How to Make Cheddar-Pecan Shortbreads
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 2Process cheese and butter in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds or until creamy stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add flour and the next 3 ingredients; pulse 9 to 10 times or until the mixture is crumbly. Add toasted pecans, pulse 4 to 5 times or until combined. Add half and half, and process 10 to 15 seconds or until the mixture forms moist clumps.
- 3Transfer mixture onto plastic wrap on a flat surface; gather dough into a ball, and flatten into a 1 inch thick disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour until firm, or seal wrapped dough in a zip-top plastiac freezer bag and chill up to 3 days.
- 4Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with 1 1/2 and 2 inch cookie cutters. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 5Bake at 325° for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool 15 minutes.