Bunyan's Diabetic Cheese Hors d'oeuvres
- 2 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 stick
- cold butter, cut into small chunks
- 4 oz
- brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1 c
- finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Cheese Hors d'oeuvres
- 1Place the flour, salt, baking powder, and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended.
- 2Add the butter and pulse to blend into small pieces.
- 3Add the cheese and nuts and pulse again, until the cheese is in very small pieces.
- 4Add the egg, and pulse until the mixture just starts to come together.
- 5Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- 6Press the dough together into a ball, then divide into 2 equal-size balls.
- 7Pat and roll each ball into a log 7 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 8Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 9Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 10Slice the logs 1/4 inch thick using a serrated knife and place the slices 1 inch apart on the sheet pans.
- 11Bake for 10 to 12 minutes
- 12Place on a rack to cool.