Bunyan's Diabetic Cheese Hors d'oeuvres
2 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1 1/2 stickcold butter, cut into small chunks
4 ozbrie cheese, rind removed and cubed
1 cfinely chopped walnuts
1 largeegg, beaten
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Cheese Hors d'oeuvres
- Place the flour, salt, baking powder, and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Add the butter and pulse to blend into small pieces.
- Add the cheese and nuts and pulse again, until the cheese is in very small pieces.
- Add the egg, and pulse until the mixture just starts to come together.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Press the dough together into a ball, then divide into 2 equal-size balls.
- Pat and roll each ball into a log 7 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Slice the logs 1/4 inch thick using a serrated knife and place the slices 1 inch apart on the sheet pans.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes
- Place on a rack to cool.