British Cheese Toast
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
9 slicerye or pumpernickel cocktail bread. (2x2x.25")
1-2 tspworchestershire sauce
·black pepper, to taste
1/2 tspspicy brown mustard, optional
3/4 cgrated cheeses (cheddar, colby, monterey jack, asadero)
How to Make British Cheese Toast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the bread slices side by side.
- in a small mixing bowl, mix mayo, Worchestershire, mustard, and pepper. Add cheese and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Place one slice of zucchini on each slice of bread. (I hide a couple shreads of cheese under the squash to help it stick.)
- Spread cheese mixture on top, being sure to cover bread all the way to the corners. (The first time I made this, I just put a dollop in the middle. It tasted great, but corners of the bread got really crunchy.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot or cold.
- Other possible add-ins with which to experiment:
chopped crab meat
chopped salad shrimp
chopped green onions