British Cheese Toast
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 9 slice
- rye or pumpernickel cocktail bread. (2x2x.25")
- 1/4 c
- 1-2 tsp
- worchestershire sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- spicy brown mustard, optional
- 3/4 c
- grated cheeses (cheddar, colby, monterey jack, asadero)
- 9 slice
How to Make British Cheese Toast
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the bread slices side by side.
- 2in a small mixing bowl, mix mayo, Worchestershire, mustard, and pepper. Add cheese and mix until thoroughly coated.
- 3Place one slice of zucchini on each slice of bread. (I hide a couple shreads of cheese under the squash to help it stick.)
- 4Spread cheese mixture on top, being sure to cover bread all the way to the corners. (The first time I made this, I just put a dollop in the middle. It tasted great, but corners of the bread got really crunchy.)
- 5Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot or cold.
- 6Other possible add-ins with which to experiment:
chopped crab meat
chopped salad shrimp
chopped green onions