Brie en croute with Caramel and Walnuts
- 1/2 pkg
- frozen puff pastry - thawed. a little flour for dusting
- 8-oz round of brie cheese - cut in two to make a top and bottom round
- 1/4 c
- light brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- egg beaten with 1 tbls of water
How to Make Brie en croute with Caramel and Walnuts
- 1Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface.
- 3Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out slightly to smooth folds.
- 4Place bottom half of brie - cut side up - in center of pastry.
- 5Gently pack sugar on top of brie and arrange nuts on top of sugar.
- 6Top with remaining half- cut side down.
- 7Trim pastry so there is only a 2" border around the brie. Reserve extra for decoration.
- 8Brush edges of pastry with egg wash and fold pastry around brie. Place brie - seam side down, onto baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees or til' pastry is golden. Allow brie to stand for 3mn. before serving with pear slices and/or assorted crackers.