BRIE EN CROUTE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
- of a 17.3 oz. pkg. of puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- dried cherries, softened in apple juice
- 1/4 c
- pecan, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 13.2 oz. round brie cheese
How to Make BRIE EN CROUTE
- 1Thaw pastry sheet to room temperature, about 40 minutes or until it is easy to handle.
- 2Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Beat egg and water in a small bowl.
- 4Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the sheet into a 14-inch square.
- 5Stir cherries, pecans, honey and rosemary in a bowl. Discard the apple juice that the cherries were soaking in or drink it. :+)
- 6Spread the cherry mixture onto the center of the pastry square.
- 7Top with the Brie cheese.
- 8Brush the edges of the pastry square with the egg mixture.
- 9Fold the two opposite sides over the Brie. Trim the remaining two sides of the square to 2-inches from the edge of the Brie.
- 10Fold side up onto the Brie and press edges to seal.
- 11Place seam side down onto the baking sheet.
- 12Decorate the top with the pastry scraps. Brush with the egg mixture.
- 13Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is deep golden brown.
- 14Remove from the oven and let stand for 45 minutes.
- 15NOTE: I like to soften the cherries in apple juice. Let stand till it is reconstituted and pat dry with a paper towel.