BRIE EN CROUTE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1/2of a 17.3 oz. pkg. of puff pastry (1 sheet)
1/3 cdried cherries, softened in apple juice
1/4 cpecan, toasted and chopped
1/2 tspfresh rosemary leaves, chopped
113.2 oz. round brie cheese
How to Make BRIE EN CROUTE
- Thaw pastry sheet to room temperature, about 40 minutes or until it is easy to handle.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the sheet into a 14-inch square.
- Stir cherries, pecans, honey and rosemary in a bowl. Discard the apple juice that the cherries were soaking in or drink it. :+)
- Spread the cherry mixture onto the center of the pastry square.
- Top with the Brie cheese.
- Brush the edges of the pastry square with the egg mixture.
- Fold the two opposite sides over the Brie. Trim the remaining two sides of the square to 2-inches from the edge of the Brie.
- Fold side up onto the Brie and press edges to seal.
- Place seam side down onto the baking sheet.
- Decorate the top with the pastry scraps. Brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is deep golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 45 minutes.
- NOTE: I like to soften the cherries in apple juice. Let stand till it is reconstituted and pat dry with a paper towel.