Brie and Macadamia Nut Deep Fried Wontons with Pin
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch red hot pepper flakes, to give it a kick
- 8 oz. brie cheese, cut into cubes
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 2 egg whites, whisked together
- oil for frying
- pineapple marmalade or jam
How to Make Brie and Macadamia Nut Deep Fried Wontons with Pin
- 1In pan, mix pineapple and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook til it thickens like syrup, stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes for fresh pineapple and less for canned. Set aside.
- 2Brush a wonton wrapper with egg white. Put a cube of brie in the middle. Sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts. Press cheese down while gathering up wrapper just above the cheese and seal like a little present, fanning out the top. Repeat with remaining wonton ingredient.
In wok or heavy pot, heat oil to 375. Deep fry til wonton is golden and cheese is melted in the middle, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the pineapple marmalade. Makes 24