Blue Cheese Herb Spread on French Garlic Toast
- 1 1/4 c
- cottage cheese (low fat ok to use)
- 1 1/4 c
- blue cheese, crumbled (about 5 ounces)
- 1 large
- clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- green onions, with tops, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp
- slivered toasted almonds
- french bread baguettes, sliced into 16 pieces each
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Blue Cheese Herb Spread on French Garlic Toast
- 1SPREAD: Combine cottage cheese, blue cheese, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Add green onions, basil, and almonds. Blend until mixed but still lumpy and not smooth.
Pour dip into serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2BREAD: Spread melted butter on both sides of bread slices. Lay on a non-stick cooking sheet. Stir together garlic powder and salt. Sprinkle on one side of buttered bread.
Turn on broiler and allow it to heat up a moment. Broil bread about 6-8 inches from heating element for 30-45 minutes per side. Serve warm with Blue Cheese Herb Spread on the side.