★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 pkg
- mozzarella cheese sticks (not breaded) found in the dairy section of the store
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 (15 oz.) can(s)
- italian bread crumbs
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
How to Make Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open packages of mozzarella sticks. In one shallow bowl, break eggs and add water; blend with a fork. In another shallow bowl, pour in flour. In a third shallow bowl, pour in bread crumbs.
- 2For each cheese stick, follow the same procedure. Dip the cheese stick in flour, then in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs, back in the egg mixture again then finally in the bread crumbs again.
- 3Place on an ungreased baking sheet. When all the cheese sticks have been dipped and placed on baking sheets, drizzle with the melted butter over each. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 4You may add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to your bread crumbs if you like a spicier cheese stick.