How to Make Bacon Wrapped Prunes
- Partially cook bacon slices in microwave for 1-1/2 minutes on full power. This renders the fat and begins to shrivel the bacon. Cool.
- Blend cream cheese, ricotta, tabasco and sage in a food processor until smooth and well blended. Using a small spoon or butter knife stuff cheese mixture into the prune openings. Round cheese on top of the prune opening.
- Cut bacon slices in half lengthwise and wrap each slice around a cheese stuffed prune.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place prunes on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 7 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving (they will be extremely hot directly from the oven and can burn tongues!)
- Prunes can be prepared a couple of days in advance and refrigerated. Delicious!!