2/3 ccracker crumbs, stone ground wheat
1/3 Tbspwalnuts, finely chopped
2 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 conion, chopped
1 Tbspbacon drippings
24 ozcream cheese softened
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1/4 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Bacon Onion Cheesecake
- Combine cracker crumbs, walnuts and butter until well blended.
- Press crumbs evenly on bottom of spring form pan.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Fry bacon until crisp, then crumble.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and gradually add eggs, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Beat until smooth and stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon mixture into pan and spread level.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set and cracks on top and cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
- Just before serving at room temperature, remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with circle of shredded carrot to edge and place carrot curl in center with sprig of parsley.
- Serve with crackers or carrot slices.