Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
·2 - 8oz pkgs cream cheese (room temp)
·1/3 cup miralce whip salad dressing
·1 bottle hormel bacon bits (reserve 2 tbs for outer coating of cheese ball)
·8 oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese
·1 tbs lemon juice
·1 tbs worcestershire
·pinch of cayenne
·2 tbs chopped cilantra
·2 jalapeno peppers hollowed and diced small
·1/4 cup chives (for outer coating of cheese ball)
·1/3 cup finely chopped pecans (for outer coating of cheese ball)
How to Make Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
- In small dish ... combine reserved bacon bits, chives and finely chopped pecans (finely chopped walnuts can be substituted) ... set aside for final outer coating.
- ... In medium size bowl combine softened cream cheese with miracle whip , lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne, worcestershire ... mix until well blended ... add remaining ingredients ( bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, diced jalapeno) ... mix with fork or hand (hand is better) until all ingredients are well blended together.
- Remove cheese ball mixture from bowl and place on sheet of waxed paper ... form well rounded ball ... sprinkle or roll cheese ball with reserved ingredients .. pat gently to secure outer coating ingredients.
- Return to refrigerator for several hours. (gently cover cheese ball with saran wrap)
- Before serving set cheese ball out for at least 20-30 minutes. Serve with favorite party crackers.
- Note: cheese ball mixture can be divided in half , making 2 smaller cheese balls.