Bacon-Cheese Jalapeno Appetizers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8-oz tubs herb & chive cream cheese spread (set out of refrigerator 20-30 minutes before starting)
- slices bacon; cooked/drained & cut in half-crosswise
- fresh jalapenos; stem end cut off, cut in half-lengthwise, carefully seeded (using gloves while handling jalapenos is a good thing)
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped/toasted pecans (optional)
- tubes (10-count each) refrigerated cresent rolls
How to Make Bacon-Cheese Jalapeno Appetizers
- 1OVEN PREP: Place 1 oven rack @ 2nd to bottom position, the other oven rack @ 2nd to top position. Preheat oven to temperature listed in crescent roll baking instructions. Foil-line 2 large baking sheets; set aside. (If you wish, lightly spray foil w/PAM...but it's not really necessary.)
- 2RECIPE PREP: Place both cream cheese spreads into medium size bowl; add toasted pecans, & mix thoroughly. Fill each prepared jalapeno-half w/cheese mixture, then place 1 [already halved] slice of *bacon [lengthwise] on top of cheese filling, for each jalapeno.
- 3ASSEMBLY: Carefully separate **crescent rolls out of 1 package; place stuffed jalapeno [bacon/cheese side down] along long end of crescent, then roll down to the point, and place on baking sheet [point end down]. Repeat process w/remaining 10 jalapeno halves & crescents rolls, and place onto 2nd baking sheet.
- 4BAKE: Place baking sheets into oven; bake according to time stated in crescent roll baking instructions...check jalapeno appetizers at end of baking time, making certain the crescent dough is fully baked...medium golden brown! (Bake longer than temp states, if necessary...YOU know your own oven!)
- 5* We've crumbled bacon into the cream cheese mixture instead of using the half slice on top of cheese, but decided we prefer each jalapeno having a slice on top for helping cheese remain in tact, and to feel as though there's an added texture to enjoy!
** Keep crescent dough refrigerated until you need to assemble [for each tray of jalapeno] appetizers...makes for easier/less-mess assembly!
Side Notes: This appetizer is great as the "bread" portion of a meal...goes wonderfully with a soup/salad meal! And if you end up w/too much cheese mixture, get out your favorite crackers, and spread cheese onto them for a quick/easy snack!