BACON CHEESE BALLS (SALLYE)
8 ozsharp cheddar cheese, grated or shredded
1/2 c(1 stick) softened butter
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1/4 tspdry mustard
1 dash(es)hot sauce (franks or tabasco)
1-1/4 call-purpose flour
How to Make BACON CHEESE BALLS (SALLYE)
- Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove to paper towels or cooling rack to drain.
When drained, crumble into a small bowl and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the cheese and butter until well blended.
You can do this with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add sauce, salt, dry mustard and hot sauce and continue beating until well blended.
- With wooden spoon, stir the flour and crumbled bacon into the cheese mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into 1-1/2" to 2" balls and place on baking sheet.
Cover and place in fridge to chill at least one hour
- When ready to cook, heat oven to 375º
- Remove from fridge, uncover and place sheet loaded with balls in oven for 8-10 minutes until a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.