BACON CHEESE BALLS (SALLYE)
- 10 slice
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated or shredded
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 dash(es)
- hot sauce (franks or tabasco)
- 1-1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
How to Make BACON CHEESE BALLS (SALLYE)
- 1Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove to paper towels or cooling rack to drain.
When drained, crumble into a small bowl and set aside.
- 2In large mixing bowl, beat the cheese and butter until well blended.
You can do this with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer on low speed.
- 3Add sauce, salt, dry mustard and hot sauce and continue beating until well blended.
- 4With wooden spoon, stir the flour and crumbled bacon into the cheese mixture.
- 5Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 6Shape the dough into 1-1/2" to 2" balls and place on baking sheet.
Cover and place in fridge to chill at least one hour
- 7When ready to cook, heat oven to 375º
- 8Remove from fridge, uncover and place sheet loaded with balls in oven for 8-10 minutes until a light golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.