Baby Bib Appetizers
- slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each) i used reg. american cheese slices, you can also use swiss..
- slices (1 ounce each) oval-shaped deli cooked ham
- 1/2 c
- garlic-and-herb spreadable cream cheese (from a 6.5 ounce container)
- slices cccktail rye bread (from 1 lb package)
- long, thin fresh chives
- fresh dill weed
How to Make Baby Bib Appetizers
- 1With 2-1/2 inch scalloped round cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds of cheese slices. With 1-3/4 inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds of ham (4 rounds can be cut from each ham slice).
- 2Spoon about 1/2 t. spreadable cheese on center of each bread slice. Place 1 cheese slice on spreadable cheese on each bread slice; press down gently. Then put another 1/2 t. of spreadable cheese ontop of the cheese, then place 1 ham slice on each cheese slice, press lightly in center.
- 3With 1-3/4 inch round cutter, cut small half circle from top edge through ham, cheese and bread to form neck of bib (see Photo). Tuck 2 chive ends under cheese slice on either side of cutout. Pipe spreadable cheese to form small design on bibs; garnish with dill weed.
- 4Tips: Use a variety of meats or cheese for different colors, if desired. For meatless variation use a variety of colored cheeses and/or vegetables such as zucchini slices, leaf lettuce and tomatoes slices.