Asiago Toasted Cheese Puffs
Type: partially skimmed cow's milk
Texture: firm to hard depending on length of aging
Appearance: light yellow with tiny eyes
Flavor: sharp, nutty
Substitutes: parmesan, romano
Wine Pairings: light fruity reds
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon pressed garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 french baguette, thinly sliced
How to Make Asiago Toasted Cheese Puffs
- 11 Preheat the broiler.
3 On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Spread the Asiago mixture on the slices. Broil for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly brownServe immediately.
ed. serves 12
- 22 In a mixing bowl, combine the Asiago, garlic, mayonnaise, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. If the mixture does not hold together well, add more mayonnaise, if desired.
- 33 On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Spread the Asiago mixture on the slices. Broil for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve immediately.