- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil, divided
- onion, minced
- clove garlic, minced
- 2 c
- cooked white rice
- 3/4 c
- asiago cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- garam masala
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper(optional)
- progresso italian style panko bread crumbs
How to Make Asiago Cheese Rice Cakes
- 1In a non-stick skillet heat 1-1/2 Tablespoons of oil. Saute the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
Careful not to burn the garlic.
- 2Place the onion and garlic into a bowl,add the rice,
egg's,asiago cheese,flour,garam masala and cayenne.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Form into 6-8 patties.
- 4Coat the patties with the bread crumbs.
- 5Place patties in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- 6Over medium heat using the same skillet heat the remaining oil.Fry the pattie 10-12 minutes per side.