Apricot-Almond-Cranberry Brie in Puff Pastry
- sheet puff pastry at room temperature
- egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 c
- apricot preserves/jam (or raspberry)
- 1/3 c
- dried cranberries (or dried sour cherries)
- 1/4 c
- toasted almond slivers (or chopped pecans)
- each approx. 14 to 16 oz. round brie cheese
How to Make Apricot-Almond-Cranberry Brie in Puff Pastry
- 1Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. Beat 1 egg with 1 Tablespoon water.
- 2Lightly Flour a counter or work surface. Lay puff pastry sheet on top and roll out to a 14" square.
- 3Spread the apricot (or raspberry) preserves to within one inch of the edges of the puff pastry. Top with the dried cranberries and toasted almonds (or pecans).
- 4Place brie cheese in center of puff pastry sheet. Fold up the edges to the middle to cover the brie completely. Trim off excess puff pastry. Press edges together to seal completely.
- 5Place puff pastry on baking sheet, seam side down. Brush with the egg/water. Trim top with puff pastry scraps, if desired (leaf shapes, etc.)
- 6Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Serve with crackers and pear slices.