Apricot-Almond-Cranberry Brie in Puff Pastry
1sheet puff pastry at room temperature
1egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1/2 capricot preserves/jam (or raspberry)
1/3 cdried cranberries (or dried sour cherries)
1/4 ctoasted almond slivers (or chopped pecans)
1each approx. 14 to 16 oz. round brie cheese
How to Make Apricot-Almond-Cranberry Brie in Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. Beat 1 egg with 1 Tablespoon water.
- Lightly Flour a counter or work surface. Lay puff pastry sheet on top and roll out to a 14" square.
- Spread the apricot (or raspberry) preserves to within one inch of the edges of the puff pastry. Top with the dried cranberries and toasted almonds (or pecans).
- Place brie cheese in center of puff pastry sheet. Fold up the edges to the middle to cover the brie completely. Trim off excess puff pastry. Press edges together to seal completely.
- Place puff pastry on baking sheet, seam side down. Brush with the egg/water. Trim top with puff pastry scraps, if desired (leaf shapes, etc.)
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Serve with crackers and pear slices.