Addictive Bleu Cheese Cracker Spread
Another is: leave out the Bleu Cheese and replace with Garlic and Chives. I normally provide both Bleu Cheese and Garlic.
I'm way overdue in attempting to create a sweet one with Pineapple, Craisins, Maraschino Cherries and Nuts, all chopped fine.
How to Make Addictive Bleu Cheese Cracker Spread
- 1Allow Cream Cheese and Butter to set out at room temp about an hour to soften some.
- 2In medium bowl mix Cream Cheese and Butter until well combine and smooth. Add in Bleu Cheese and again mix until smooth. I use 2 oz. Totally incorporate Bleu Cheese.
- 3You're done. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from fridge one hour before serving. The Butter content will harden and it will flake rather than spread unless allowed to approach room temperature.
- 4I normally make both Blue Cheese and the Garlic and Chive and provide both.
- 5For Garlic and Chive: Replace Bleu Cheese with 1/2 teaspoon Powdered Garlic and 1/4 cup minced Chives or Green Onion Tops. I use Powdered Garlic for control. Fresh Garlic can be overpowering and hard to control. Mix Cream Cheese and Butter and then combine the Garlic and Chives.
- 6I've yet to attempt the sweet variety, but know it would be a hit as well. See Note.
- 7Note: I inform every one it is loaded with Butter so they can indulge at their own risk. A Tasty Risk. I use a lot of Butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a lot of my offerings, but I don't indulge in them three times a day every day. Moderation Is A Virtue. And a Healthy One In All Circumstances.