☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 smallturnip, peeled and grated
1/2 smallonion, finely chopped
115- ounce pkg refrigerated piecrusts
2 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Turnip Turnovers
- Combine turnip and onion in a small bowl. Toss with salt and pepper.
- Unfold pie crusts, and press out fold lines. Cut out 30 rounds with a 2-inch round cutter.
- Place 1 teaspoon turnip mixture on half of each round, and fold the other half over. Press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- For Turnip-Bacon Turnovers: Add 4 to 5 pieces finely chopped, cooked bacon to filling mixture. Proceed as directed.