1french bread baguette
1 lbgrape tomatoes, diced
3 Tbspolive oil
1/4 colive oil
1 tspminced garlic
1/3 cfinely chopped fresh basil
1/2 tspcoarse black pepper
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Tomato Bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir gently to mix well. Set aside. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 thick slices. Brush one side of each slice with the 3 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Place slices, oil side down on a baking sheet in a single layer. (You may need to toast in batches)
- Bake for 5 minutes or until toasted golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and place olive oil side up on a serving platter.
- Spoon tomato mixture evenly onto each slice. Serve immediately.
- If you want to have these appetizer sitting out at a party: Place tray of bread slices next to a bowl containing the tomato mixture and allow people to spoon their own.