- 8 oz
- fresh whole mushrooms. (about ten caps )baby bella is best.
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c
- mozerella cheese
- 2 tsp
- butter - do not use margarine
How to Make Three Cheese Mushroom Cap Appetizers
- 1Wash and dry mushrooms, being sure to clean very well.
- 2Remove stems and set caps aside.
- 3Cut ends off stems being sure to get all of the tough end off, dice into very small pieces.
- 4Melt butter over low heat, add stem pieces and cook until tender. Remove to a paper towel and pat to remove excess butter.
- 5In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, milk, and garlic salt) until smooth. Only use enough milk to soften cream cheese slightly.add mushroom stems. (You can substitute almost anything for the stems, we love finely diced imitation crab meat)
My measurement results in just a tiny hint of garlic flavor, you can adjust amount to your taste, do the same with salt.
- 6Arrange caps on a broiler safe pan, fill with cream cheese mixture.
- 7Toss cheeses together to mix, then sprinkle over caps
- 8Broil until cheese is melted and very slightly toasted.