4 mediumbaking potatoes
1/2 csour cream
1/4 tspgarlic powder + more for seasoning
1/4 cshredded cheese (anytype)
4 slicecheese (anytype)
·salt and pepper
·oil for frying
4slivers of butter cut in half
How to Make Stuffed Potato Skins
- Scrub potatos really well. Bake at 425 degrees for 50-60 minutes or till tender.
- After about 30 minutes preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- When potatos are cool to handle. Slice in half. Scoop out centers, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Fry shells in oil till golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels salt both sides.
- Arrange skins in a baking dish. Add a sliver of butter to each shell. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- In a mixing bowl mash the potatos, then add sour cream, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Fill shells with potato mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes until heated thru. Place half a slice of cheese on each potato. Return to oven for another 2-3 minutes till cheese is melted.