- 1-2 lb
- mushrooms, fresh
- 8 oz
- 8 oz
- feta cheese, [lower fat is fine]
- 3 oz
- cream cheese, [lower fat is fine]
- 1/2 c
- italian bread crumbs, optional
How to Make Pesto-Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 400*
Rinse mushrooms, remove stems, pat dry.
Place in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- 2Beat cream cheese and pesto in food processor until well combined.
Add feta and pulse to blend; Leave some chunks of feta.
This makes enough for 2-3 dozen mushroom caps, depending on the size.
Extra filling can be refrigerated and used a little at a time. Also very tasty on pita chips.
- 3Using a rounded teaspoon, generously fill each mushroom cap ; dip top half in bread crumbs if desired. Place on cookie sheet [cheese side up].
- 4Bake for 15 minutes. Best when served warm.