Party Pinwheels with Turkey, Tomato and Lettuce
6(10-inch size) flour tortillas
8 ozwhipped cream cheese
2 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1 largetomato, finely chopped
12 largelettuce leaves
12 slicedeli smoked turkey
How to Make Party Pinwheels with Turkey, Tomato and Lettuce
- Spread the whipped cream cheese evenly on one side of all 6 tortillas.
- Sprinkle the basil and chopped tomato over the cream cheese layer on each tortilla.
- Place two lettuce leaves across the center of each tortilla.
- Place 2 slices of turkey on top of lettuce leaves.
- Roll tortillas, jelly-roll style. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove tortillas from refrigerator. (For uniformity and to create a cleaner edge for the end pieces, you might wish to slice off the first 1/4-inch on both ends of each rolled tortilla, where the filling might not have reached all the way to the edge.) Then slice each rolled tortilla into individual Party Pinwheels at about 3/4-inch intervals.
- Arrange Party Pinwheels on a serving tray. If not serving immediately, cover platter with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.