☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbrusset potatoes
1/4 colive oil
1 largespanish or yellow onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsptomato paste
2 largecloves garlic, minced
6 mediumripe tomatoes, chopped
1 tspsweet smoked paprika
1 tspsmoked hot paprika
1/2 tspchili powder
1 tspred wine vinegar
1 tspwhite sugar
·freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Patatas Bravas
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When hot add diced onions.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often so they do not burn.
- Add the tomato paste, stirring well.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, sweet and hot paprika, chili powder, wine vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, let cool then place in a sealed container-chill for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 and 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a large pot of boiling water add 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- Add potatoes, boiling for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Divide potatoes between 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Using a spatula flip the potatoes, cook for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- You want them nice and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, divide between 6-8 bowls.
- Top with reheated sauce, serve with toothpicks & offer black pepper.