Homemade Salsa Taco Dip
I like to use a mix of red, orange and yellow bell peppers, because my husband doesn't like the green. I use Italian tomatoes because they aren't as juicy, but any would work. And, I vary the shredded cheese. I like using the Cracker Barrel Mexicana mix that's already shredded.
This is a great recipe to play around with, because any combinations will work.
- 125 g
- cream cheese (small brick)
- 125 g
- mayo (½ cup)
- red bell pepper (cut in cubes)
- green pepper (cut in cubes)
- avocado (ripe) (cut in cubes)
- italian tomato (clean out the seeds and juice, cut in cubes)
- 2 c
- salsa (as you wish...mild, spicy, chunky)
- about 2 c
- shredded cheese
How to Make Homemade Salsa Taco Dip
- 1Place the cream cheese in an 8" x 8" pyrex dish. Soften the cream cheese by heating in the microwave for about 30 seconds, depending on strength of your microwave.
- 2Add the same amount of mayo (the ½ cup) to the cream cheese in the pyrex and mix. Spread it around the dish as evenly as you can. The veggies will be layered on top.
- 3Now start the layering.
Start wthe peppers.
Layer avocado on top of peppers.
Tomato on top of avocado.
- 4Spread the salsa sauce over the veggies.
Cover with shredded cheese.
- 5Serve with taco chips.