1/4-1/3 cself rising flour
1/4-1/3 cself rising cornmeal
1/2-3/4 cbread crumbs, dry
2 tsponion powder
2-4 tspseasoning salt
·canola oil for frying
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1. Clean & slice tomatoes (not to thin), salt with seasoned salt & pepper.
- 2. In your first bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, 2-3 dashes of onion powder, a couple of shakes of salt & pepper, mix well
- 3. In your second bowl put the bread crumbs
- 4. In your third bowl whisk 1-2 eggs & milk
- 5. Dip tomato into flour/cornmeal mixture, then into egg/milk mixture, then bread crumbs. Place on designated plate. Continue to dip all slices in the same order and place on the plate. Put the plate in the refrigerator and let sit for 20-25 minutes.
- 6. Bring canola oil to medium-high heat, but not to high, let tomatoes brown on each side. Approx. 2-4 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- 7. Drain on plate with paper towel. We usually serve with Ranch dressing or ketchup & thousand island mixture.