Donna's Antipasto Salad
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 mediumitalian plum tomatoes per serving
1 clovegarlic, chopped or minced for every 2 tomatoes
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin per serving ( she says her family prefers a light olive oil)
1 tsporegano, dried per 2 tomatoes
1 tspparsley flakes, per 2 tomatoes
?salt and pepper to taste
·asiago cheese, grated, thin slices of onion. these can be added for a more substantial meal
How to Make Donna's Antipasto Salad
- This recipe does not have serving number, so estimate 2 medium tomatoes for every person served. Now chop tomatoes into smallish bite size pieces in a bowl.
- Add chopped or minced garlic, 1 tsp. for every 2 tomatoes.
- If adding optional cheese or onion, do so now. Then drizzle olive oil over all and toss to coat veggies.
- Add herbs and toss again. Salt and pepper to taste.
- You may notice at this point that the tomatoes start to release juices, the olive oil seems to help this along.
- Chill for about one hour or less to help flavors meld and serve with a crusty bread to dip or pile the salad on top of. Enjoy! (according to Donna- Mangia, Mangia!)