Donna's Antipasto Salad
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 medium
- italian plum tomatoes per serving
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped or minced for every 2 tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin per serving ( she says her family prefers a light olive oil)
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried per 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp
- parsley flakes, per 2 tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- asiago cheese, grated, thin slices of onion. these can be added for a more substantial meal
How to Make Donna's Antipasto Salad
- 1This recipe does not have serving number, so estimate 2 medium tomatoes for every person served. Now chop tomatoes into smallish bite size pieces in a bowl.
- 2Add chopped or minced garlic, 1 tsp. for every 2 tomatoes.
- 3If adding optional cheese or onion, do so now. Then drizzle olive oil over all and toss to coat veggies.
- 4Add herbs and toss again. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5You may notice at this point that the tomatoes start to release juices, the olive oil seems to help this along.
- 6Chill for about one hour or less to help flavors meld and serve with a crusty bread to dip or pile the salad on top of. Enjoy! (according to Donna- Mangia, Mangia!)