DEVIL IN A RED DRESS-DEVILED EGGS
Rose Mary Mogan
This is the recipe & title I came up with. We love deviled eggs in our house no matter how you serve them. This was my creative way for my special Valentine my husband Dan.
I took Roma tomatoes, cut them in half, scooped out the center & then filled each tomato with a deviled egg, and the tomato became the red dress. I only did 4 but you can fill as many as you like, my husband went for the ones with the tomatoes FIRST.
Said they not only looked nice but tasted great too.
- 8 large
- eggs, boiled, cooled & peeled
- 2 Tbsp
- whole grain mustard
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 tsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- yellow prepared mustard
- 1/3 to 1/2 c
- each mayonnaise & dill or sweet pickles
- 2 pkg
- splenda or 2 teaspoons sugar or to taste (optional)
- whole roma tomatoes, halved & center removed
- black or red olive rings, garnish
- chopped pimento for each olive center, garnish
- parsley as garnish
- mini sweet peppers, quartered (as garnish for platter)
- sprinkling of paprika for each egg half
How to Make DEVIL IN A RED DRESS-DEVILED EGGS
- 1Add eggs to a pot large enough for eggs to fit on bottom. Cover with water, bring to a rolling hard boil, & boil for 1 minute, then cover pot with lid, remove from heat and allow to sit for about 15 minutes. Then pour off warm water and add cold, crack eggs and peel.