Cucumber Dill Dip Tzatziki American style
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
8 ozsour cream
1large cucumber, shredded
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 Tbspchopped chives
1/2 tspapple cider vinegar
·salt and pepper to taste ( i used white pepper)
1 tspdill weed, dried
How to Make Cucumber Dill Dip Tzatziki American style
- Take out cream cheese and let it get to room temperature.
- While the cream cheese is coming to room temperature,
peel the cucumber and slice it down the middle (long way) Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Then grate the fleshy deseeded cucumber halves.
- Place the grated cucumber in a colander or cheese cloth along with the salt. Let it sit for at least 1/2 hour to drain more liquid. Then squeeze out as much water as you can. It will not be completely dry, but give it what you got!
- In a Kitchen aid, or bowl if using a hand blender,
combine the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Blend it until it is smooth. If you want a thinner sauce, add more sour cream. You can also use plain yogurt in place of the sour cream.
- Add the vinegar,garlic,chives and dill. Blend again.
Then add the drained shredded cucumbers.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate over night to blend flavors, but do taste it and add according to taste.
This is not a traditional Tzatziki recipe, but one that can be made with ingredients that are readily available.
Fresh tasting and many ways to enjoy! :)