- 4 medium
- cucumber, peeled
- 1 1/2 c
- fine dry breadcrumbs
- 3 large
- herbs for seasoning
- oil for deep frying
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, finely chopped - optional
How to Make Crispy Fried Cucumbers
- 1Pare and slice cucumbers crosswise in center, then slice each piece lengthwise in thin slices. Soak in slightly salted cold water about 1 hour. Drain. Dry on folded towel.
- 2Heat oil in deep, heavy kettle or fryer to 365 F.
- 3Beat egg slightly with desired seasoning (do not add any salt here.) Roll cucumber slices in fine breadcrumbs. Dip in egg mixture. Roll in breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil until well browned.
- 4Sprinkle with a little salt as they are removed from the fryer. Drain on absorbent paper. Garnish with parsley, if desired.