Cream puffs Savory
How to Make Cream puffs Savory
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and be careful not to burn. Add salt and beer and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 2Add the flour all at once, and stir stir stir until it forms a ball and flour is completely mixed in. I have found that the Kitchen aid works well for this recipe using the plastic coated paddle. A wooden spoon can also be used.
- 3Using a plastic paddle or wooden spoon, add one egg at a time beating until it is completely mixed in. Add one egg at a time and mix very well each time. (good work out if you are using the wooden spoon!) The dough will appear to be kind of sticky, but it is fine.
- 4Using a teaspoon, drop a teaspoon of the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. These lil guys grow so give them 3 inches apart when dropping them onto your baking sheets.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Cool completely. Cut each top almost all the way off, leaving a small "hinge" to hold it together.
- 6These freeze well! Make up a batch to have on hand, unfilled. Then de-thaw them and fill them with your favorite spreads or anything savory that you like. If frozen, de-thaw them completely before stuffing.
- 7A favorite of mine, is an artichoke spread which I will post as well. This spread is awesome with these puffs. It is also great just on crackers or as a dip.