Chilled Spinach and Artichoke dip
When she got engaged, I threw her a shower, and chose to make a variety of dips for the menu. This was her favorite and made an encore at the wedding!
NOTE: Over the summer, I discovered that if you melt a couple tablespoons of this dip with a stick of butter or margarine, and then roll your corn-on-the-cob in it... O.o ...just... Just try it!!
- 24 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- real mayonnaise
- 1 pkg
- dry italian salad dressing mix
- 2 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 3-4 can(s)
- brined artichoke hearts, (14.5 oz)
How to Make Chilled Spinach and Artichoke dip
- 1Set artichokes to drain in a colander.
- 2Chop spinach and set aside.
- 3With a knife, trim the toughest ends of the artichoke leaves and discard. This is the most labor-intensive step, but so worth it. It's also a little heart-breaking, as the artichokes are not cheap; take care not to trim away too much tender artichoke flesh!
Chop remaining hearts to desired coarseness. I like mine in 1/2"chunks.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, and italian dressing mix until smooth. Add shredded jack cheese and mix thoroughly.
- 5Fold in spinach and hearts. Place in serving dish before chilling.