Cheddar Vegetable Torte
I started with an old recipe from Country Woman and from there made it my own. Simply delicious and received rave reviews on several occasions!
1 1/3 citalian bread crumbs, or crushed crackers of your choice
2 cshredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1small zucchini, finely chopped
5small fresh mushrooms,sliced
1/3 cchopped sweet onion
1/4 cchopped sweet red pepper
1 Tbspolive oil
8 ozspreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
2 Tbspcrumbled cooked bacon
2 Tbspshredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Cheddar Vegetable Torte
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Butter a spring form pan and line the outside with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs (or crushed crackers) and the butter.
Press into bottom of prepared spring form pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of the bread crumb crust.
- In a skillet, saute zucchini,mushrooms,onion and pepper in the olive oil until tender.
Spoon over the cheddar cheese layer.
- In a separate bowl (or Kitchen Aid) beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in bacon pieces.
Pour this over the top of the vegetable layer.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Place in preheated oven on a baking sheet, and bake for 30-35 minutes until the center is almost set.
Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from spring form pan carefully.