- 1 ½ sticks butter
- 5 cups fresh chanterelles, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
How to Make Chanterelle Spread/Dip
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to brown and butter is clear, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, tomato paste, sugar, and salt to taste.
- 3Continue to cook, stirring often, until garlic is soft, mushrooms are tender, and butter is golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside to cool to just warm; transfer to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy (spreadable).
- 5Transfer mixture to a small serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Allow to come to room temperature before garnishing with a few sprigs of fresh thyme or mint, and setting out on serving place with crackers, slices of buttered & toasted baguette, vegetables or pita bread.