Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 large
- stuffing mushrooms (white button mushrooms)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese (chopped into small cubes)
- 1 lb
- bulk pork sausage
- 1 bunch
- green onion (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Brown pork sausage and crumble well.
- 2Drain sausage from skillet leaving a thin coating of oil behind and sauté chopped onions until slightly wilted.
- 3Return sausage to pan with onions and add cream cheese.
- 4Over low heat stir sausage, onions, and cream cheese until well blended.
- 5Remove stems from mushrooms and stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture.
- 6Top with parmesan if desired.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until heated through and the mushrooms are beginning to leak their water.