Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms
20 largestuffing mushrooms (white button mushrooms)
8 ozcream cheese (chopped into small cubes)
1 lbbulk pork sausage
1 bunchgreen onion (optional)
·parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms
- Brown pork sausage and crumble well.
- Drain sausage from skillet leaving a thin coating of oil behind and sauté chopped onions until slightly wilted.
- Return sausage to pan with onions and add cream cheese.
- Over low heat stir sausage, onions, and cream cheese until well blended.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture.
- Top with parmesan if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until heated through and the mushrooms are beginning to leak their water.