Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
4 Tbspminced garlic
·salt and pepper
1/3 cmozzarella cheese
1/3 cshredded blend of mild cheddar and monterey jack cheese
4 Tbspitalian bread crumbs
How to Make Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cut up bacon into small pieces
- chop up yellow onion real fine (I used food processer)
- chop up garlic real fine for 4 tablespoons (or like me use the garlic already minced)
- Pop the buttons out of the mushrooms and chopped up the buttons in small pieces
- In skillet combine bacon, onions and garlic and cook till bacon is crispy as can be without burning the onion and garlic
- Scoop out mixture with a slotted spoon. Put bacon mixture in a plate with paper towels to drain
- In another skillet sauté the chopped up buttons in a tablespoon or two of butter till tender
- Take the two slices of bread and cut off the crust and place them in a small bowl and put a little water on them. Squeeze the extra water out of the bread slices and put in large bowl
- Add egg to bread and mix well.
- Add bacon mixture, sautéed buttons, and cheeses to the mixture and mix well. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In another bowl melt the 2 tablespoons of butter (I used the microwave) and then add the four tablespoons of bread crumbs, mix well.
- I put the mushrooms on a cookie sheet with parchment paper under them. But you can use a baking dish; just make sure to put a little cooking spray on it first
- Stuff mushrooms with bacon mixture making a muffin top (making sure to mound the stuffing in the mushrooms)
- take a little of the butter and breadcrumbs mixture and flatten in hand then place over the stuffing pressing down a bit to make the mixture stick on the stuffing, repeat with all mushrooms.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes. Or till tops are crispy.