Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- white mushrooms
- 1 lb
- yellow onion
- 4 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 slice
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 c
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 c
- shredded blend of mild cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- italian bread crumbs
How to Make Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Cut up bacon into small pieces
- 2chop up yellow onion real fine (I used food processer)
- 3chop up garlic real fine for 4 tablespoons (or like me use the garlic already minced)
- 4Pop the buttons out of the mushrooms and chopped up the buttons in small pieces
- 5In skillet combine bacon, onions and garlic and cook till bacon is crispy as can be without burning the onion and garlic
- 6Scoop out mixture with a slotted spoon. Put bacon mixture in a plate with paper towels to drain
- 7In another skillet sauté the chopped up buttons in a tablespoon or two of butter till tender
- 8Take the two slices of bread and cut off the crust and place them in a small bowl and put a little water on them. Squeeze the extra water out of the bread slices and put in large bowl
- 9Add egg to bread and mix well.
- 10Add bacon mixture, sautéed buttons, and cheeses to the mixture and mix well. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 11In another bowl melt the 2 tablespoons of butter (I used the microwave) and then add the four tablespoons of bread crumbs, mix well.
- 12I put the mushrooms on a cookie sheet with parchment paper under them. But you can use a baking dish; just make sure to put a little cooking spray on it first
- 13Stuff mushrooms with bacon mixture making a muffin top (making sure to mound the stuffing in the mushrooms)
- 14take a little of the butter and breadcrumbs mixture and flatten in hand then place over the stuffing pressing down a bit to make the mixture stick on the stuffing, repeat with all mushrooms.
- 15Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes. Or till tops are crispy.