☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbmushrooms, medium
4 slicebacon, diced
1 mediumonion, minced
2 Tbspgreen pepper, minced
3 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cbreadcrumbs, plain or buttered
How to Make Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms From Lake Oswego
- Clean mushrooms; remove and chop stems. Set aside.
- Saute‚ bacon in skillet.
- Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- In bacon fat, saute‚ onion and green pepper and chopped mushrooms stems until tender but not brown; drain. Add salt and pepper.
- Soften cream cheese; add bacon and vegetables.
- Press firmly into mushroom caps, mounding slightly.
- Place bread crumbs in small bowl.
- Turn filled mushroom caps upside down in crumbs to coat tops.
- May be refrigerated or frozen at this point; thaw before baking.
- Place in 9 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Add hot water and bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes at 325 degrees.