Tempura Coconut Shrimp & Tangy/Spicy Orange Sauce
For what you pay for a Coconut Shrimp Appetizer at a Restaurant, this was GREAT for the price of the ingredients and is one of my favorite dishes !!!
1 boxtempura mix
1 bag(s)sweetened coconut
1 lbshrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 corange marmalade
1 tsprice vinegar
1 Tbspsweet chili sauce
1/2 tspfresh grated ginger
How to Make Tempura Coconut Shrimp & Tangy/Spicy Orange Sauce
- Mix Tempura Batter according to directions on the box (it will be thick)
- Mix Orange Marmalade with the Rice Vinegar, Sweet Chili Sauce, Chopped Garlic and Fresh Grated Ginger
- Heat Peanut Oil in a Deep Fryer at 375 degrees, if this is too hot turn it down as I did to 365 (my Husband said 355 or 360)...
- Coat Shrimp in the Tempura Batter, then shake in the coconut and put in fryer (watch closely, coconut cooks quickly), drain then repeat until all Shrimp are cooked.
- To serve, dip in the Orange Tangy / Spicy Sauce!