Tempura Coconut Shrimp & Tangy/Spicy Orange Sauce
For what you pay for a Coconut Shrimp Appetizer at a Restaurant, this was GREAT for the price of the ingredients and is one of my favorite dishes !!!
- 1 box
- tempura mix
- 1 bag(s)
- sweetened coconut
- 1 lb
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 c
- orange marmalade
- 1 tsp
- rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- sweet chili sauce
- 2 clove
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh grated ginger
How to Make Tempura Coconut Shrimp & Tangy/Spicy Orange Sauce
- 1Mix Tempura Batter according to directions on the box (it will be thick)
- 2Mix Orange Marmalade with the Rice Vinegar, Sweet Chili Sauce, Chopped Garlic and Fresh Grated Ginger
- 3Heat Peanut Oil in a Deep Fryer at 375 degrees, if this is too hot turn it down as I did to 365 (my Husband said 355 or 360)...
- 4Coat Shrimp in the Tempura Batter, then shake in the coconut and put in fryer (watch closely, coconut cooks quickly), drain then repeat until all Shrimp are cooked.
- 5To serve, dip in the Orange Tangy / Spicy Sauce!