Spicy Crackers and Salmon Spread
There is no substituting the canola oil.
- 3 pkg
- saltine crackers
- 1 c
- canola oil
- 1-3 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1-3 Tbsp
- red pepper flakes
- 1 pkg
- hidden valley ranch dip mix
- 6 oz
- smoked salmon
- 8 oz
- softened cream cheese
- 2-4 dash(es)
FOR THE CRACKERS
FOR THE SALMON SPREAD
How to Make Spicy Crackers and Salmon Spread
- 1Place the crackers in a sealable, leak proof bowl. Stand them up on edge and pack them in so they are snug and can't fall over. Just like they came in the package.
- 2Combine the canola oil, Ranch dip mix, garlic powder and Red pepper flakes. I usually use 1 1/2 Tbsp each of garlic and red pepper. If you REALLY love garlic and heat, you can add more, but try less the first time.
- 3Mix the wet ingredients very well, and pour them all over the crackers. Don't worry, they wont be soggy.
- 4Put the sealable lid on and let them sit for about 30 minutes. Turn the container up side down and let it sit for another 30 minutes or so. Keep doing this, with more time between flips as you go. There will be less and less liquid each time you flip the container.
- 5For the Salmon spread, use all the Salmon and the little bit of liquid that comes with it and mix it into the softened cream cheese. Once it is all incorporated, add tobasco to taste.
- 6The longer you allow the Salmon and the crackers to sit, the better the flavor gets. After about 3 hours, you can put the crackers in the fridge and even serve the next day.