Scallops Baked in Garlic Sauce
- 2 lb
- bay or sea scallops, halved
- 2 clove
- garlic, covered in bioling water
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- or more sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- white pepper
- 1/4 c
- fine bread crumbs
How to Make Scallops Baked in Garlic Sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Wipe scallops dry. Drain garlic and mash or pound into butter until well blended.
- 2Grease a small casserole with part of the garlic butter. Add mushrooms.
- 3Arrange scallops over mushrooms. Dot with all but 2 tablespoons of remaining garlic butter.
- 4Mix salt, white pepper, butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle over scallops.
- 5Bake for 10 to 22 minutes or until browned.
- 6NOTE: For individual service, bake in small scallop shells or ramekins.