Louisiana Jacked Up Oysters
Aphrodisiac?? Oysters are load with zinc, essential in the production of testosterone, whichis important for stimulating libido in men and women.
Casanova is reported to have eaten 50 oysters each day.
- 24 large
- freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
- 2 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz
- pepper jack cheese or cheese of your choice, grated
- 1/2 c
- bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1 can(s)
- pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- loaf of french bread (optional)
How to Make Louisiana Jacked Up Oysters
- 1Preheat a charcoal grill.
Put the butter in a pot on high heat and bring to a boil.
Make clarified butter by scooping all of the foam that rises to the top and discarding it.
Add Worcestershire and garlic powder to butter and mix.
Note: Make sure sauce is well blended.
Mix crumbled bacon and cheese in a separate bowl.
- 2Place fresh oysters on the half shell on the center of the grill.
Once the water around the oyster begins to bubble and the oyster begins to rise, ladle 1/2 an ounce of the butter sauce on top of each oyster.
- 3Place chopped jalapeno on top of oyster and place cheese and bacon on top of jalapeno.
Let the oysters cook until the cheese starts to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Remove oysters from shell and serve immediately with
extra butter, if desired, and with bread or breadsticks.