- oysters, fresh, in the shell
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- onion, minced, sauteed in bacon drippings
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced, sauteed in bacon drippings
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Gigi's Oysters
- 1Clean oysters and place in a large stockpot. Pour in enough water to cover oysters; bring the water and oysters to a boil. Remove from heat and drain and cool oysters. When cooled break the top shell off of each oyster.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with Kosher salt. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees. Place oyster shell and oyster onto baking sheet.
- 3Saute' onions and garlic in the bacon drippings until tender. Add chopped bacon and stir together. Place a spoonful of bacon mixture onto each oyster/shell and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 4Bake in 450 degree oven for 7 minutes until heated through. Put oven on broil and watch until cheese is totally melted and beginning to brown slightly. Remove from oven and serve on individual plates containing more Kosher salt. Garnish with a lemon wedge and parsley sprig. Enjoy!