The most popular way to eat crawfish in Louisiana is the Crawfish Boil but, crawfish are delicious in so many dishes, including this cream cheese crawfish spread. The pickled okra is another ingredient in this recipe that is an acquired taste. People either love it or hate it.
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 tsp
- cajun seasoning
- 5 dash(es)
- tabasco sauce
- 1/2 lb
- frozen crawfish tails, defrosted and drained of liquid
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- green onions, sliced
- pickled okra, thinly sliced
How to Make Crawfish Spread
- 1Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add bell pepper and onion and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and Cajun seasoning and sauté for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in tabasco and crawfish tails. Cook 2-3 minutes to thoroughly warm the crawfish.
- 5Turn heat down to medium-low and add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 6Stir until cheeses are melted and everything is combined well.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in green onions and pickled okra.
- 8Serve on French baguette crostini that have been rubbed lightly with a garlic clove.