The most popular way to eat crawfish in Louisiana is the Crawfish Boil but, crawfish are delicious in so many dishes, including this cream cheese crawfish spread. The pickled okra is another ingredient in this recipe that is an acquired taste. People either love it or hate it.
3/4 cfinely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cfinely chopped sweet onion
1 clovegarlic, minced
2 tspcajun seasoning
5 dash(es)tabasco sauce
1/2 lbfrozen crawfish tails, defrosted and drained of liquid
8 ozcream cheese, softened
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
3green onions, sliced
4pickled okra, thinly sliced
How to Make Crawfish Spread
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and Cajun seasoning and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in tabasco and crawfish tails. Cook 2-3 minutes to thoroughly warm the crawfish.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until cheeses are melted and everything is combined well.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions and pickled okra.
- Serve on French baguette crostini that have been rubbed lightly with a garlic clove.