- 1 lb
- large, raw shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails left on
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 c
- sweetened, shredded coconut
- coconut oil
How to Make Coconut Shrimp
- 1In first bowl, combine flour, saly and pepper.
- 2In second bowl, beat the eggs.
- 3In third bowl, combine panko crumbs and coconut.
- 4Dip each shrimp into the flour, then the egg and then dredge in the panko mixture to coat well. You may need to gently press the coconut to the shrimp to get it to stick. After coating set the shrimp on a plate while dipping the next shrimp.
- 5Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet on medium heat. Fry the coconut shrimp in batches - do not crowd them in the pan. Flip after 2 minutes and fry the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6After frying, drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.