Champagne Oysters with Tarragon
2 ozbutter, unsalted
2shallots, finely chopped
2 tspchopped fresh tarragon
280 mlpink champagne or rose sparkling wine
·salt and pepper, fresh tarragon to garnish
How to Make Champagne Oysters with Tarragon
- Heat half the butter in a pan and cook the shallots for 1 minute.
- Add the champagne and any oyster juice, tarragon and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the oysters to the pan and cook gently for 2 minutes. Spoon the oysters back into their shells.
- Increase the heat and whisk the remaining butter into the sauce, a little at a time.
- Pour the sauce over the oysters and garnish with tarragon. Serve as a starter.