1 lbocean scallops (fresh or frozen, 21-30 count)
1/2fresh lemon, squeeze for juice
1 1/2 lbbacon (1 slice for every 2 scallops, cut in half)
·non colored toothpicks
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- If using frozen scallops, defrost. Rinse fresh scallops well and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place scallops in bowl with lemon juice.
- To par-cook bacon, place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in 350-degree oven until fat starts to dissipate, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- When bacon is cool, wrap one scallop in strip of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Flash-freeze assembled scallops by putting on baking sheet or foil - making sure scallops don't touch - and cover lightly with plastic.
- When completely frozen, transfer to container for more compact freezing.
- Before serving, defrost scallops in refrigerator for about 20 minutes and then bake on parchment-lined baking sheet in 350-degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until scallops flake with fork.
- Serve warm.
- Makes approximately 25 scallops.
- Per serving (per scallop): 34 calories; 2 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat; 53 percent calories from fat); 0.5 g carbohydrates; 7 mg cholesterol; 114 mg sodium; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber.