Spicy Sausage Stuffed Monterey Mushrooms
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
24 mediummushroom caps
16 ozpackage ground pork breakfast sausage
8 ozcream cheese
2 ozmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1 Tbspcrushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbspparmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Spicy Sausage Stuffed Monterey Mushrooms
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove the stems and set aside (they can be minced and added to the sausage mixture later is desired).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a large skillet until done, drain, and place in a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, jack cheese, crushed red pepper flakes and minced stems if desired. Mix well.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Place the stuffed mushroom caps on a rimmed baking pan, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve stuffed mushrooms on a decorative serving platter.
- Sometimes I make them ahead and line a tupperware with papertowels and put them in it. Then they are ready to bake just before the event.