Spicy Sausage Stuffed Monterey Mushrooms
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 24 medium
- mushroom caps
- 16 oz
- package ground pork breakfast sausage
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 2 oz
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Spicy Sausage Stuffed Monterey Mushrooms
- 1Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Remove the stems and set aside (they can be minced and added to the sausage mixture later is desired).
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Cook and crumble the sausage in a large skillet until done, drain, and place in a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, jack cheese, crushed red pepper flakes and minced stems if desired. Mix well.
- 5Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture into each mushroom cap.
- 6Place the stuffed mushroom caps on a rimmed baking pan, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 8Serve stuffed mushrooms on a decorative serving platter.
- 9Sometimes I make them ahead and line a tupperware with papertowels and put them in it. Then they are ready to bake just before the event.