Hot Buffalo Wings
- 4 oz
- frank's original hot pepper sauce
- 1 oz
- tabasco red pepper sauce
- 3 oz
- apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp
- chipotle pepper powder
- crushed dried cayenne or habanero peppers - seeds and skins - a rolling pin works great for this
- 1 Tbsp
- salted butter
- 6 - 8
- fresh (not frozen) chicken wings
- sliced fresh jalapeno or habanero pepper (optional)
How to Make Hot Buffalo Wings
- 1Cut chicken wings in half - discard tips.
- 2Mix first 7 ingredients in order in a cup or measuring cup. Stir well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 3Broil chicken wing pieces in a toaster oven broiler set to 400 degrees until crispy. DO NOT use your oven's broiler. Turn pieces every 20-30 minutes until they are crispy on all sides and most of the fat has melted away. If you don't have a toaster oven broiler or for faster results, pan frying or deep frying works just as well.
- 4Melt butter over low heat in large non-stick frying pan.
- 5When butter is completely melted, add pepper/vinegar mix and stir to combine. Add wings to the pan.
- 6Raise heat to medium (higher heat will scorch the sauce) and cook until liquid is reduced by 80% - 90%, flipping wings with spatula every 2-3 minutes to completely coat with sauce.
- 7If using the optional sliced peppers, add them now and stir them evenly into the remaining sauce.
- 8Remove wings from pan and put on plate. Pour remaining sauce from pan over wings.
- 9Make sure you have several paper towels available because you get quite messy eating them.