Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
Mary Ann Hanson
1 boxcorn chex (12 oz.)
1 boxcheerios (10 oz.)
1 boxhoney comb (10 oz.)
1 pkgpretzels, broken (10 oz.)
THE CEREAL BOXES SEEM TO BE LITTLE DIFFERENT SIZE THAN THEY USED TO BE. IF THERE IS A LITTLE EXTRA CEREAL I WILL USE IT AND IT DOES NOT SEEM TO MATTER.
1 3/4 cwhite sugar
1 ccanola oil
1 cmelted butter
1/4 choney (melt with butter)
4 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspgarlic salt
1 Tbspseasoning salt
YES. ALL THE SEASONINGS ARE TABLESPOONS.
How to Make Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
- Empty all cereal and pretzels into a large container. I actually use a plastic storage container for this.
- Mix together oil, sugar, butter, honey, and seasonings and stir until sugar is incorporated. It will not dissolve. You do not need to heat this. The baking will do this.
- Pour the oil and sugar mixture over cereal and pretzels. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Pour cereal mixture into two large roasting pans and spread out.
- Bake at 275 degrees for about an hour stirring every 15 minutes until crispy and glazed.
- Cool and stir to break apart. Store in an airtight container. This freezes well too.